Windsor Castle is the oldest and largest inhabited castle in the world. It has been the family home of British kings and queens for almost 1,000 years. It is an official residence of Her Majesty The Queen.
Typical half-day trip
Passengers will enjoy:
- A picnic in Windsor Great Park, originally a Saxon hunting forest with great views of the castle.
- Visit Windsor Castle with audio headphone tour (multiple languages) to see the:
– State Apartments (home to priceless artworks by Rembrandt and Leonardo da Vinci)
– Queen Mary’s Dolls’ House (an incredible structure complete with working lifts, running water, electricity and wine bottles, all in miniature.)
– St George’s Chapel (the atmospheric final resting place of former monarchs including Henry VIII)
- A one hour tour of the town – Windsor itself is a pretty town full of traditional shops and historic pubs. Visit to Eton across the river.
- Dinner in a pizzeria in Windsor (optional)
Sprinters Travel will provide a tour guide in addition to the above. Transport is in comfortable minibuses or coaches depending on your requirement.